Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Wednesday: DIY Rich n' Zesty Barbecue Sauce

Let me ask you a question: Why BUY barbecue sauce when you can make one, to your specifications, at home? Answer? Because you didn't know you COULD DIY a good barbecue sauce. SO, lucky for you, here is a simple and yum DIY barbecue. I'd call it Emily's Rich n' Zesty BBQ Sauce if I were marketing it for the masses....

Ingredients:
1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar (packed)
1 tsp cumin (awesome. I love this spice!)
1 tbs garlic powder/onion powder, mixed
Salt and pepper to taste

Step 1:
Mix it. Eat it. Braise with it. Broil with it. Baste with it. Bake with it. Fry with it. Grill with it. Whatever.

I have made this barbecue sauce a number of times for a number of different types of meat. This one is best for chicken and pork; if you are making a barbecue sauce for beef, I'd recommend taking out the cumin and putting in a teaspoon of crushed garlic instead. Whatever you make, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment