Thursday, June 14, 2012

Thursday: My Thoughts on Eating and Harvesting Artichokes

My thoughts as I prepared and ate my first artichoke:

1- Who would have ever thought, when looking at that plant, that it would be edible?
2- Who figured out HOW to eat the very small amount of edible artichoke off of it?
3- Who named an artichoke an artichoke?

And most importantly:

WHO would eat an artichoke a second time after eating it once? TOTALLY not worth the effort. But that's just me.

BUT, if like me, you got all curious and want to know how to make and eat your own, try this website.

http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/how_to_cook_and_eat_an_artichoke/

It helped me. Good luck, have fun.

1 comment:

  1. Really? Artichokes are probably my favortie veggie, a tradition shared by my mother who also loved them. I can't eat one without thinking of her.... who knew. Though I have had the same thoughts about 'who ever thought one could eat this/"

    ReplyDelete